Argon Medical Devices and MedReleaf Australia Innovate Healthcare with New Products, Shockwave Medical Launches Shockwave L6 Peripheral IVL Catheter
Argon Medical Devices, a manufacturer of medical device solutions for interventional radiology, vascular surgery, interventional cardiology, and oncology, recently introduced its Traveler Portal Vein Access Series as the newest addition to its portfolio. The products, which are intended for transjugular liver access in diagnostic and interventional procedures, are available in stylet and needle offerings to meet physician preference.
The Traveler Series includes three versions: Traveler16, Traveler21, and Traveler38, and is now available in the USA and Canada. Traveler16 is a 16Ga needle, Traveler38 is a 0.038” stylet, and Traveler21 is a 21Ga Chiba needle.
MedReleaf Australia, a company backed by more than 50 years of pharmaceutical and healthcare expertise, is driven by Research and Development, and has an exclusive strategic partnership with Canada’s Aurora Cannabis Enterprises. Through this partnership, Aurora Cannabis is proud to continue to lead the way in the Australian market with the addition of new and innovative products for patients.
Shockwave Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWAV), a pioneer in the development of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat severely calcified cardiovascular disease, recently announced the full U.S. commercial availability of the Shockwave L6 Peripheral IVL Catheter following clearance by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Shockwave L6 catheter has been specially designed to alter calcification in challenging-to-treat lesions in large peripheral arteries, such as the iliac and common femoral arteries. Standard endovascular techniques have been found to have a decreased rate of procedural success and increased complications when calcification of the arteries is present.1
The Shockwave L6 IVL catheter has a small emitter configuration and is available in four different sizes (8.0, 9.0, 10.0 and 12.0 millimeter diameters), making it effective for delivering sonic pressure waves in larger vessels. The Shockwave L6 has been added to the organization's IVL product line, which already includes the Shockwave M5+ and Shockwave S4. This broadens the size selection for physicians, enabling them to select the ideal catheter for tackling the obstacles of the infrapopliteal, femoropopliteal, and iliac arterial territories.
0. “Argon Medical Launches Traveler Portal Vein Access Series …” www.mddionline.com, 15 Mar. 2023, https://www.mddionline.com/manufacturing/argon-medical-launches-traveler-portal-vein-access-series
1. “Aurora and MedReleaf Australia Launch new Medical Cannabis …” mgmagazine.com, 15 Mar. 2023, https://mgmagazine.com/press-releases/aurora-and-medreleaf-australia-launch-new-medical-cannabis-brand-craftplant/
2. “Aurora and MedReleaf Australia launch new medical cannabis brand” www.mmjdaily.com, 15 Mar. 2023, https://www.mmjdaily.com/article/9506192/aurora-and-medreleaf-australia-launch-new-medical-cannabis-brand/
3. “Shockwave Medical announces US launch of new peripheral IVL …” vascularnews.com, 15 Mar. 2023, https://vascularnews.com/shockwave-medical-announces-us-launch-of-new-peripheral-ivl-catheter/
4. “Shockwave Medical Announces U.S. Launch of New Peripheral” www.globenewswire.com, 15 Mar. 2023, https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/03/14/2626573/0/en/Shockwave-Medical-Announces-U-S-Launch-of-New-Peripheral-IVL-Catheter.html